Friday, November 7, 2008

November 7 - back home!

I'm back home and the procedure went well!

By utilizing the PDT (Photodynamic Therapy), they were able to dilate 2 of the ducts enough to place stents. Stents have to be removed within a month or so, but their purpose is to stretch out the tissues while they are in there, maximizing the odds that those 2 little ducts will stay open! So my thought is: WHOO HOO! Now this stuff can clear out, and in just a few days the jaundice will have decreased...whoah, slow down Tracey... Dr. said it takes more like weeks than days to see how much relief they'll provide... this jaundice thing just isn't reversed very quickly, but that's okay, a step in the right direction is a step in the right direction, so I'll take it! And he does have me coming back on Monday for more labs and another CT scan. That will have been 4 days post-procedure, so the bili levels should tell us something.

In the mean time, I'm fairly "out of order" so to speak :) Super sore! ERCP's have never left me with much pain to speak of, but when you go in there, administer some 3rd degree laser burns to your insides real quick - yikes! Dr. said I'd be quite sore, with malaise, flu-like syptoms for bout a week. But, I like to defy odds, so I'll try to shave a few days off of that, but we'll see...

That's all for now, gotta go lay down! Love you all and will keep you posted...

Tracey

4 comments:

Lisa Hansen said...

OH that is GREAT NEWS!!!

Cindy said...

Hi Tracey! I agree with Lisa...that is such encouraging news that they were able to open up two of the ducts and place the stents. I pray that you will soon see relief of the jaundice. You are an amazingly strong person and an example for all of us that attitude and determination go a long way towards healing. Then, add prayer to our Lord and how can you go wrong? My prayers are continually with you friend. Keep up the faith and that beautiful smile of yours.
Love,
Cindy

SterraRee said...

Tracey! I am so glad your procedure went well. I was rather in shock to hear about this and our family is praying for your recovery. You are very strong and if you keep it up and you'll be better in no time. We all believe in you and hopefully I'll see you back at the dojang soon! Say hi to the kids for me!
With Love, Stella and Family

Jonathan Kinney said...

It is wonderful to hear the progress. Keep up the wonderful attitude! Let us know if there is anything you need. I look forward to seeing you this Thanksgiving! You are in our prayers, our small group's prayers, our church's prayers, and even when I pray over my food, I pray for you.

God bless, Love,
Jonathan and Kathy