Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Noember 10 - more progress

So! Get this! Not only was the procedure utilizing the PDT effective in opening up a couple of ducts, so much so that they were able to place a couple of stents there... good news right? And sure enough my labwork yesterday did show that teensy decline of bilirubin that we were looking for; 4 days post-op, level down from 30 to 28! Well all that is fine and great, but you do the math, I'm gonna be waiting awhile, right...

Well, yesterday I had a visit with Dr. Schembre and he ordered another CT scan. Well, here's what it revealed: Good news and bad news. Okay, so, big fan of getting the bad news out of the way first... So on that note: The cancer seems to have spread to these 2 lymph nodes that sit above and below my bellie button. Okay, yeah, that's just not cool, but WAIT! I firmly believe the good news is better than the bad. On scan were seen several aras of dialation (somewhat dialted ducts) in the left lobe that weren't there before. Now that they know those are there, and they give us something to work with, they are going in tomorrow "percutaneoualy" ... so through my side rather than ERCP (down the throat), directly to the tops of these partially dilated ducts, where they will do one of two things: Either place stents there as well, and now we have doubled our # of functioning ducts, or even more likey, they will be placing a drain with which we can much more aggressevely drain that unwanted bile out of there, and get on with the bigger fish we have to fry! What? Life without itching?? Is is true???

So, that's it, checking in tomorrow at 1:00, procedure at 2:00, and I should have more good news for you by Thursday.

(Hope this all makes sence through my drugged-up self :(

Love you,

Tracey


So tomorrow's even more hopeful!

9 comments:

Sam and Janet said...

Hi Tracey

Great that you keep us all updated with your progress. You just keep doing everything that you can to fight this battle with such a positive attitude and we all keep praying and sending our positive vibes in your direction. You are an inspiration to some of my friends who have never even met you but feel they know you now from reading your blog. I have been separated from my computer in a work shop and getting to work at 7 a.m. For a person who normally starts at 8:30 a.m. it is a challenge. One more day to go and I will be back to my normal job.
Lots of love, Janet and Sam

HeyJude said...

Hey Tracey,

Great News!!! I am so glad that things are looking up. I believe that the prayers can only help and your attitude and courage are such an inspiration to me. I will be praying for you and the doctors tomorrow as you go into your procedure... Stay strong... lots of love and hope Joe let you eat some of the adobo....

Judi :-)

Lisa Hansen said...

Oh Tracey,
This is fabulous news!! I hope that everything goes well. Billy and I were super bummed that we couldn't come last week. We hope we can this weekend. I have gifts for the IRS. I miss all of you so much!!!
Oh funny story today. So the rain is coming down so hard and so much that it flooded the river over the road. I had to close the store at 3pm so that I could get home. Otherwise I would of been stuck!! Will have to tell u more when we see u. :)

Lisa Hansen said...

why did it type IRS???? I am on my phone it was supposed to say kids!!! :D

Pam said...

Tracey
Keep telling your body what you need it to do then just know it will happen! Belief is everything! Sorry it has been awhile. School is just crazy! You are in our prayers all the time! Love Pam and Dustin

Sam and Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam and Janet said...

Itching – I hope it’s getting better. Sam has an itchy place on his back that is hard to reach. There is nothing to see on his skin but each morning after he has made my oatmeal (What a sweetheart) he goes back to bed and before I leave he asks me to scratch his back. Have you heard the expression you scratch my back and I’ll make your breakfast?

Love Sam and Janet

lori said...

Hey Tracey,
sounds slow but sure. Our prayers will not stop. The kids love having your kids back in school. Remember we are just a phone call away with anything you need.
Let the good news continue.

Lisa Hansen said...

Oh Tracey this is so great! Keep the positive energy flowing through you! Love ya!!

Lisa